Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

“Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.” TINA TURNER

Allowing ourselves to truly let go of old beliefs and values, often limiting, beliefs and values, allows us to forge ahead into new, uncharted territory, which can be terrifying.

But there is a cleansing in this.

Even if, after all is said and done, we go back to where we started, we at least then know why we are there and can move forward, confidently that we are who we think we are.

When one changes surroundings, friends, occupations, hobbies and habits as I've done in this last year, It tests one's mettle. I've learned so much about who I am by forgoing that which I thought made me who I am.

I am 3000 miles away from where I lived for 20 years, doing things that are completely different than what I ever thought I would be doing. My world, my life, my perspective is richer and fuller than ever for having done this. As a result, this is reflected in my work. I've made pieces of jewelry that I didn't know I had in me... at all! Beautiful pieces that are so outside the realm of what I ever thought I could or 'would' make. 

What have you done that has changed your perspective and how has this impacted your creativity?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
North Hollywood, CA, United States
I believe we are the Universe's attempt to understand itself. Art in its myriad forms is an expression of that attempt to understand.